Google Docs on the Eee PC

Regina Dinneen, Docs User Operations (aka Google Docs Guide 2)

I recently took the plunge and bought an Eee PC to bring with me on my volunteer mission (see the Craigslist / Forms post). If there's Internet on the island and in the schools, I'd really like to use Google Docs with my students. So, after booting up my new computer I noticed that it came pre-installed with a Google Docs icon that automatically sends you to http://docs.google.com.

I was intrigued – could I actually use Google Docs on a computer with such a small screen? Turns out it works pretty well. Here are two pictures to show you how it looks (to get an idea of just how small the Eee PC is, I've put it on top of my Macbook Pro).


Although the toolbar and white space take up a lot of room, spreadsheets is still usable on this subnotebook.

However, if you freeze too many rows, the vertical scrollbar will disappear. Not good at all.If you've tried Docs on the Eee PC, leave us a note in the comments below.

What could we change in Docs to make the experience better on the smaller screen? Let us know by leaving a comment.





Hello! Email Subscription Subscription Enter your email address and set your subscription preferences to have Apple news, special offers and product announcements delivered directly to your inbox VINIZIK

0 comments:

Post a Comment